Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405)
Configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts in DevOps environment using Puppet
Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405) is designed for system administrators and cloud administrators who intend to implement Puppet as integrated with Red Hat® products in an operations environment or a cloud computing environment.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6.
This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux® OpenStack® Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
Course content summary
- Write Puppet manifests that utilize a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Deploy a GIT repository and use it to maintain Puppet modules.
- Write Puppet modules that deploy and configure network services.
- Configure a Puppet master and client nodes.
- Implement Puppet configuration management in a DevOps environment.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage client configurations with Puppet.
Introduction to the course.
Identify system administration functions in Puppet
Identify system administration functions in Puppet code.
Describe the Puppet architecture and describe a state model.
Implement a Puppet manifest
Build, validate, and deploy a Puppet manifest.
Troubleshoot Puppet manifests
Find documentation and diagnose errors in Puppet manifests.
Implement Git to manage software.
Find information with Facter
View information about systems using Facter.
Implement Puppet modules
Create Puppet modules and implement classes in a manifest.
Implement relationships in a Puppet module
Implement namespaces, relationships, and dependencies in a Puppet module.
Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module
Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module.
Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet
Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code.
Deploy and configure a Puppet master and a Puppet client.
Implement external Puppet modules
Implement Puppet modules from Puppet Forge.
Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment
Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment.
Implement Puppet in Red Hat Satellite 6
Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact Lexher AB.
Audience for this course
- System administrators and cloud administrators responsible for the management of systems and cloud client systems on either Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Satellite
Prerequisites for this course
- Have received an Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or have equivalent experience